04 April 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
WHEN YOU ACTIVATE LOCATION FEATURES
The Services include features that require the collection of specific location data, including GPS signals, in order to detect parameters (temperature, air pollution, wind, humidity, pressure, etc) which can trigger your symptoms. We only collect this type of data when you activate a location feature. We stop collecting this type of data when you deactivate the feature. If you are logged in to our services, we store this information in your Airmine account.
WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITES OR USE OUR APPS
We use different tools to track the use of our apps and websites. This information gives us valuable information such as the most popular pages and on what times Airmine’s services are being used the most. No information that can identify persons is available for Airmine.
WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITES: COOKIES
A cookie is a small data file that often includes an anonymous, unique token, which is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and may be stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not store any Personal Information.
WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTERS
When you sign up for our blog posts alerts or newsletters, we collect and store you email address. We will only send you emails which you have signed up to receive, or which pertain to the services we provided to you.
To send you emails, we use the email address you provide us. Our site also logs the IP address you used when you signed up for the service to prevent abuse of the system.
The Airmine.ai website can send emails through the MailPoet sending service. This service allows us to track opens and clicks on our emails. We use this information to improve the content of our newsletters. No identifiable information is otherwise tracked outside this website except for the email address.
WHEN YOU CREATE AN AIRMINE ACCOUNT
If you use our symptoms Diary or App services, we use your mobile device’s Device ID to identify your account. We store the Device ID in your Airmine account.
WHEN YOU ADD INFORMATION TO YOUR PROFILE AND RECORD DATA
Full use of Airmine requires that you record information related to your pulmonary and/or breathing symptoms, such as a symptoms profile and the intensity (scale 0-5) of your symptoms. This information is stored in your Airmine account.
WHEN YOU CONTACT US FOR HELP
Whenever you contact Airmine for help, we collect your email address along with additional information you provide in your request so that we can provide you with assistance and improve the Services. You can also contact Airmine on public forums such as Twitter or Facebook; however, we cannot maintain the privacy of your communication to us if you contact us through these channels.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments and posts on different platforms such as social media or to send newsletters to you in order to inform you of our present and upcoming services.
- To send to you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the App and/or Websites
- As we deem appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
By using, accessing and entering information in the Apps you agree that any and all data that you have entered or may enter at a future time, into the Apps as well as any data you may enter into related features or Services of the Apps which are not present at the moment within the Apps but which may be introduced at any time in the future, you consent to the compilation, processing, analysing as well as anonymous disclosure and sale of the aforementioned data to a third party.
The main objective of data collection is to assist and further research as well as improve and quantify our Services. In lieu of these objectives, the above-mentioned compilation, processing, analysis, and anonymous disclosure of data may be conducted with the purpose of:
1) Developing anonymous aggregated reports, analysis, charts, tables, infographics in order to:
- Develop and improve the Crowdsourced Search Engines (how many users record a specific word)
- Work with external researchers to improve algorithms and develop new individualized algorithms meant at improving your experience including “allergy prediction”, “activity detection”, “trigger learning” without being limited to those.
- Compare different symptom and population groups for our understanding, as well as for communication and awareness regarding allergies, diseases and symptoms.
- Participate in academic research with a resulting publication, sponsored by Airmine or a Third Party (cf, Disclosing Data To A Third Party)
2) Improving Airmine’s algorithms in order to:
- Improve Machine Learning and affiliated services Create groups or customized patterns
3) Quantifying how Airmine’s services are utilized
4) Developing consequently related new products, services and features which may be used to improve the App or may be sold to you or a third party.
All and any data you enter into the App shall be treated with absolute anonymity and any information that is sold or provided to a third party in the form, including but not limited to aggregated reports shall not include any personal information.
Airmine staff and contractors and third party service providers have access to personal data for the purpose of providing services. Access is granted on a strict need-to-know basis.
No personal identifiable data is stored on staff or contractor computers on a permanent basis.
DISCLOSING DATA TO A THIRD PARTY
Your data may be disclosed to a third party in the following instances:
1) As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event relating to all or a portion of our business or assets, your personal information and data may be part of the transferred assets.
2) We may also disclose your data if required to do so by law or in good faith that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public.
3) Your data can be included in anonymous & aggregated reports, analysis, charts, tables, infographics to support research and awareness of allergies, more in How We Use Your Data, 1).
Airmine is General Data Protection (EU) 2016/679 (EU GDPR) compliant in our handling of personal data. We store your Personally Identifiable Information for as long as you maintain an Airmine account.
MODIFICATION OF DATA
Personal information and data that you provide to Airmine can be modified from your Airmine account. If you remove data from your account, it will no longer appear to you. Backups of that data will remain associated with your Airmine account and in our archive servers.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We strive to keep your personal information safe and have implemented reasonable security measures consistent with accepted practices to protect the confidentiality of your personal information and to limit access to it. However, despite our efforts, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your personal information over the Internet will be intercepted. Therefore, we urge you to also take precautions to protect your personal information when you are using the App and our Services.
DEACTIVATION OF YOUR AIRMINE ACCOUNT
You can deactivate your Airmine account by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org from your user’s email address. When you do, data that can identify you will be removed from the Services, including but not limited to your email address, name and links to sites such as Facebook. Backup copies of this data will be removed from our server based upon an automated schedule, which means it may persist in our archive for a short period. Airmine may continue to use your de-identified data after you deactivate your account.
If you are under the age of thirteen, please do not submit any Personal Data and Information through the Apps or our Websites without consent from a parent or guardian. Parents who are using the Apps and our Websites for their children who are under thirteen will be responsible for any data and Personal Information they enter or submit.
Airmine is, under no circumstances, meant to make a diagnosis or provide treatment for allergies or any other health condition. For a proper diagnosis of your medical condition and the treatment that may stem from such a diagnosis, we suggest you consult a doctor or related health care professional.